Breaking News
recent

Deadline day - Well that was fun

Article by Jason Nunn

Follow e-Spurs on Twitter here!

So Big Ben chimes for 11pm..... it’s all over and the window slams shut for another few months.

There’s about five teams that haven’t bought anyone in the window, all those relatively mid-table teams that have nothing to fight for already this season, they will hang on to their 7th -15th place in the table happy with their lot. They have no aspirations to push on and challenge the top 6. Maybe they will change their manager in the summer, find a few bargains from the world cup and start all over again in August.

A few of those teams were happy to move players on, selling players to make a bit of cash, loaning the odd player out to ease the wage bill under the guise that they want the player to get 1st team football.

As I write this Liverpool could’ve bought Knickerblockerglory or whatever his name is but that’s not final yet. United, they got Mata, Chelsea got everyone, the neighbours got some Swede in for cover on loan but hey they are 2nd behind city so neither really needed to do much. Everton they got a couple of bodies in too.

Personally I usually love Deadline Day. This year after Tim’s press conference I didn’t really bother to watch much more.

Make your own mind up on what I’ve written and what my meaning may or may not be. All I know for certain is that our squad is weaker now than it was before the window opened.

I certainly have my suspicions that the powers that be at Spurs have decided not to back this manager. Maybe they see him as a stop-gap until the summer or something along those lines, who really knows?

To end I shall simply say that right now I know more disgruntled spurs fans than happy ones

© e-Spurs 2013 All rights reserved no part of this document or this website may be reproduced without consent of e-Spurs

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.