Breaking News
recent

Liverpool FC - No more whining!

Article by Red Phil


I’ve effectively been chastised for ‘whining’ so let’s put my most optimistic head on for today’s attempt at talking about footie issues connected to my beloved Liverpool FC! No more whining, I almost promise, but no guarantees!

Since the recent article, which asked if we’ve got anybody manning the phones and with the key to the cheque-book drawer, for if/when Lionel Messi becomes available, much nicer rumours (and NO, I still don’t believe them but I like commenting on them to encourage discourse) have been circulating . . 


I almost fell of my chair when I read one that said that Jordan Henderson was going to Chelsea!!!! For anybody not put-off by my whining and who may have read previous utterances I keep mentioning that I’m not quite sure what Jordan Henderson brings to the party? Strange, I just can’t place what he does or what role he is supposed to have within the team. If he is an attacking midfielder I don’t think he creates much and if he is a defensive midfielder I know for a fact there are much better ones around. Can somebody tell me what he brings, other than a high work-rate? It’s probably me but I can’t see why some people rave about him and, as for him being the next captain, I’d rather that honour went to Martin Skrtel! What am I missing? Am I whining yet?

Oh, he’s not going, by the way, it is just something to do with a poxy computer game . . .

Other things I’ve previously hinted at, as if I was the manager and in charge of bringing in new players, have included signing Sissoko and Illaramandi (why can’t they have names I can spell?) and, guess what, the latest rumours suggest that both of them are under consideration! I’m too humble to suggest that the powers-that-be are listening to me but it is the first bit of good news I’ve seen in a plethora of unsavoury rumours!!!!!

And the next rumour after those said that Fabio Borini is asking to leave!!!! My cup runneth over!!!! Put the bunting up!!!!

It looks as if Nathaniel Clyne just might be coming to join us! Good player, very good player. Not sure if we should spend that sort of money on a full-back when we have so many weaknesses elsewhere but I suppose if we are going to get £45m, or whatever, for Sterling and a few million more for Borini and a shed-load of dosh from the TV deal it probably makes sense as long as we are going to spend the rest of the money we’ve got WISELY!! That might be where the problem lies!

Just popped to the bathroom mirror to check I’m still smiling and not halfway to whining-mode yet . . . still just about okay!

Just for fun, let’s look at how our midfield could look IF some of these deals come about . . . Milner, Sissoko, Illarawotsit, Ibe, Henderson, Kovacic (am I just being greedy now?) and Coutinho? Start inscribing the trophies now, we are gonna win the lot! Then you look at the central defenders we’ve got and the strikers under contract for next year and you quickly ask the inscriber to put down his chisel before he’s even started work on the capital “L”.

But things can change in an afternoon of feverish wheeling and dealing with some of the world’s top players. It is Liverpool FC we are talking about here, a club with a superb history and reputation.

After seeing that my ‘wish-list’ is seemingly coming to fruition, at long last, I’m trying to use the power of my mind – which wouldn’t really light-up a very small light bulb, if I’m being honest – to hopefully make the management take more than a cursory look at Vietto of Villarreal . . . and if they could be persuaded to go for Patrick Roberts, as well, I’m going to try for world domination using the power that resides centrally above my shoulders. Sissoko, Illarawotsit, Vietto, Roberts and Begovic, (well, you’ve got to be optimistic, haven’t you?) would float my boat, that’s for sure!

The thought of Illarawotsit protecting the back four (bye-bye Lucas and Allen) and the power of Sissoko in midfield is making me smile from ear to ear. Let’s see if anything comes of it....

Another year of progression for Ibe and Coutinho is something we should be able to expect so would we REALLY miss Raheem Sterling, even though he is a very good player?

We’ve still got Sturridge, many people forget that, and if he can regain his form of two years ago and keeps fit HE could be a very big plus. Add Danny Ings, with his pace, and you just might have a potent blend up front. We’ve certainly got a few very good youngsters coming through but it might be a tad optimistic to suggest this new guy, Gomez?, might be the answer to our defensive problems even if he plays alongside Clyne. The next thing I want us to get is a big, stonking centre-back, a veritable thug! Seems there is a big Tunisian we are looking at but I’ve never heard of him and never heard of any bid, daft, thuggish Tunisians! You never know, he might be more of a Hansen than a Rowdy Yeats!! Either would do, come to think of it.

Please, if you agree with me, let me know! If you think I’m wrong, let me know! I’ll like you more if you think I’m right and will probably gently insult you if you think I’m wrong (but can’t say it in a nice way) but, hey, who cares! Oh, yes, I know the transfer window doesn’t officially open for a few more days but deals can still be done in principle, as many have been, with the paperwork due to be competed when the transfer window officially opens!

Have fun,

RED PHIL

© e-Media Group 2015 All rights reserved no part of this document or this website may be reproduced without consent of @e_media_group

4 comments:

  1. Agree about Henderson. Seems to have little/no quality, but has had zero competition as a strong/athletic midfielder in the last three years. Similarly, Lucas/Allen have had no competition for their places in the last three years. I think the replacements mentioned would definitely be upgrades, but have to wait and see if we actually sign any of them. Just hope we don't end up buying another load of magic beans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Y'see, it IS possible to reply to my scribbles without being insulting or an idiot! Well done, young man! What I would say is that if Lucas/Allen have had no competition for several years, how many players per position do we need? Surely we don't intend to get somebody better than these two and then keep both of them? Noticed we're SUPPOSED to be close to getting Illarawotsit, possibly Kovacic and maybe even Firmino, according to the rumours on the various web-sites and press. Doubt if we could fit all of them into the team but I'd rather go for overkill than underkill, by not signing anybody of quality!!!!! Come on the Reds!!!! Get that chequebook out and make us contenders again! Still need top striker and centre back as well as, in my opinion, either Jack Butland or Begovic.
    RED PHIL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would look to upgrade Lucas, Allen, Henderson, rather than seek competition for them. My point was that no proven player had been signed in the last three years to directly compete with them, or to replace Gerrard. This made them seem indispensable and left our midfield extremely weak. Competition may have caused them to raise their games, or would have highlighted their deficiencies and led to their replacement. Seems like we've mostly wasted the last three years' transfer windows. At least we're now signing proven players, even if they don't have superstar status. If we sign the rest of the players mentioned, it should be a good window. Just hope Brendan will play them in their proper positions and not play his favourites, regardless of form.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After Emre Can's performances for Germany this last week if he is played in defence next season I want Brendan Rodgers OUT! Can has been the star of the tournament playing in his rightful place of MIDFIELD!!!!!!

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.