Breaking News
recent

Wilfried Zaha?

Article by e-Crystal Palace Correspondent Dave Graham

Follow on Twitter @DaveG_blog

Click here to follow e-Crystal Palace on Twitter!

Who’s bored of this subject? I am. It keeps reeling me in though. I have Wilfried Zaha on the (football) brain.

Had he lit up Old Trafford, or at least played a bit part, Zaha may have been a fairly distant but happy memory. Some people say he shouldn’t come back.

That was fair in my opinion, last Summer, in January even. It was unfair to even talk about his return. It was an insult to his chances of making it “big”.

Things have changed. They haven’t worked out for him. For whatever reason. His attitude has been questioned, on and off the pitch (even simple things like his willingness to defend).

I remember no such problems on the pitch while he was at Palace. He was trustworthy. He tracked back when asked to by a manager. For Freedman for example, the manager who took the time to nurture him.

I don’t believe Holloway expected his attacking players to defend, to help out their full backs – is that where this alleged problem started?

The lad’s a wing wizard in the truest sense. He has skills like no other English player. I challenge you to think of one. He needs nurture however. There’s that word again – “nurture”.

Neither Manchester United or Cardiff had time for this last season. Nuture will give him a consistent final ball and a more rounded game.

And here is my point – aimed at those who are anti-Wilf coming “home”.

Are you telling me Tony Pulis isn’t just the man to get the best out of him? To hone his skills? To man-mange him.

Wilf one side, Yannick the other. Glen Johnson and John Flanagan might just quit football. I jest, but you know what I mean. That’s some counter attacking force.

That’s a sentiment I echo. I want him to make it big. The difference between when we sold him, and now, is that now he can make it big with us.

© e-Football 2014 All rights reserved no part of this document or this website may be reproduced without consent of e-Football

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.