Breaking News
recent

Spurs: Stating the Bleedin' Obvious

Article by e-Spurs Correspondent Dino Gallina

Follow e-Spurs on Twitter here!

Ok, first up I don’t want to go on a witch hunt, or a slagging session on our average performance shown tonight. It was in all honesty our second real test, behind the loss to the A*SE the FA Cup. Manchester City will romp the league the years’ end. They play with a confidence and belief that very few teams in the world could do. To lose Aguero and replace him with an equally deadly striker in Jovetic says it all. To add salt in the already gaping wound, their best striker didn’t even come off the bench.

I have from the start had my reservations in regards to Sherwood, I still have. Again we started with Bentaleb and Dembele in the middle, one overawed by the class of the opposition, one with a doubtful ankle, so why did he persist. Don’t get me wrong, Bentaleb is definitely one for the future, but just not now. On the bench we have a French and German International, both fit, and from what showed not match fit, but fit, so why persist with the original duo in the centre. Sigudsson hasn’t played much of late, he too falls in the category of not being match fit, so why play him on such a big stage. Soldado and Defoe on the bench, so when the game was on the line, we bring on a defender, Why/..... Look I can go on and on, Rose’s send off was poor, but I have to say, I could not see a change in the result had he stayed on.

You have to admire the style and swagger to which they play. You also have to admire the dollars/pounds they have to play with. What they showed was how a well balanced, smart, super talented and confident team should and did play like. They were simply a yard and half smarter and faster than Spurs. I can’t remember that far back as to when the last time Tottenham have been spanked on three or four occasions in one season.

Tonight showed what players are require to ever get to their level. Forget Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool, it will take years to catch up to the talent and ability Manchester City have at their disposal. Don’t get me wrong I’m as disappointed as any Spurs fan at present, but I have to admit I would have settled for a point! We just didn’t have the cattle to match this team of stars. Irrespective who you follow as a supporter, you have to admire the class Manchester City have and we lack. No doubt we have the ability, do we have the talent required?

So where from here! Realistically I hope our new signings are match hardened next season. They would have surely by now understood the pace and power of the EPL. New players, and I have to say we need some. We have some good professionals that belong in teams that sit mid-table. I admire players like Dawson, great player against burly strikers, but not so sure against world class players such as Man City posses, Rose is honest but.... I kept thinking, how many current Tottenham players would be Man City’s top 16 players list, Vertonghen possibly, maybe Lloris, Paulinho beyond these three I struggle. Our inconsistencies this year have cost us dearly. As much as Sherwood says the right things at the press conference, I’m still on the side line regarding him as being the Spurs manager beyond this year. The new guy, whoever it maybe will have the task to in-still belief, courage, confidence, consistency, bring in two-three class players and above all cement a winning mentality that Manchester City have and will have for years to come.

In a nutshell we were beaten by a team that would e in the top 5 in Europe right now. They will challenge for the European title, no doubt and I believe last night we saw the next super team for the next 3-5 years to come.

Spurs for life

© e-Football 2013 All rights reserved no part of this document or this website may be reproduced without consent of e-Football

4 comments:

  1. Fair and honest comments m8
    City look really good at the moment
    I still think were 2 or 3 class player away
    Before we would have a side winning
    Trophy's regularly like utd Chelsea barca real Bayern a really good cdm and a lcb
    Maybe even a lb kolorov is good going forward but not the greatest defender
    He is much better this season in all honesty
    Clichy just doesn't do it for me at the moment thou he also is starting to get better also this season
    Only time will tell
    I'll have Danny rose if your offering like lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good summing up of the gap between Man City and ourselves, what really annoys me is the defence or lack of it Chiriches apart the other three would struggle in the championship. They were absolutely woeful, if he doesn't drop Dawson this week and replace Rose with Fryers then I m afraid Sherwood is not the man for the job and ask the question is he really picking the team or is Levy or Baldini ???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure Sherwood will make an excellent manager one day but he needs a few years experience in the lower leagues first, to make him the manager of a team who need to qualify for c/ is asking to much and very unfair on him, but then nobody forced him to take the job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wrote the first reply post on here man city are a class team at the moment
    Oh and very lucky as mourinho said we were (rubbish) spurs ain't my favourite of teams if I'm honest but you have some good players and you don't give in
    So you do get my respect for that
    Spurs are a passionate club like my team
    Man city people knock city fans singing where were you when you were shit
    Well 30,000 at home games in old 2nd div and 1st div plus thousands travelling to away games ain't too bad really is it
    I'm sure once your injuries ease up and you get the balance of the team right
    I'm pretty sure you will be right up there spurs
    Good luck for the rest of the season and beyond anyway
    Oh and cmon city keep it going boys
    C.T.I.D

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.